(Need some direction?)
Image thanks to Nicholas Kennedy
Image thanks to Nicholas Kennedy
I couldn't possibly cover all of the wonderful intricacies of what makes a blog successful in a four post series, so I thought I'd share all the links that have helped me on my way to where I am today. Don't be overwhelmed, just bookmark this post and come back as necessary. Focusing on one element of blogging at a time yields far better results than swamping yourself with information. Enjoy:
General Blogging Help
1. 13 Things Darren Rowse has Learned About Successful Blogging on Problogger.
2. Simply Said, How to Blog from Dumb Little Man.
3. The Basics of Blogging from Girls Guide to Blogging.
4. How to Start a Blog from Gala Darling.
5. Thoughts on Blogging from Nubby Twiglet.
6. 50+ Ways to Improve Your Productivity as a Freelancer from Freelance Switch
7. How to Plan Your Editorial Calender from IFB.
8. 8 Tips to Optimize Your Time for Blog Writing from How to Make My Blog.
9. How to Write an Article in 20 Minutes from Copyblogger.
10. Create A Morning Writing Ritual from Freelance Switch.
11. How to Make Your Own Wordpress Website from Frugal Site Design.
12. Provide an RSS option for your readers and display your subscriber count with Feedburner.
13. Track site statistics and find out who's visiting your blog with Google Analytics.
14. How to Make Your Blogger Blog More Searchable from IFB.
15. The Blogger's Guide to SEO from SEO Book.
16. DIY Website Promotion.
17. 11 Factors to Consider When Designing Your Blog from Daily Blog Tips
18. 50 of The Most Creative Blog Designs from Stand Out Blogger.
19. Create a Three Column Blogger Template from Blogger Buster.
20. Top Tips for a Faster Loading Blog from Blogger Buster.
21. Copyblogger gives 10 Sure-Fire Headline Formulas That Work
22. 7 Ways to Keep Fresh Content Flowing on Your Blog from Problogger.
23. Writing Quality Content from ClickNewz.
24. How to Write 'How to' Posts from ME :) on IFB.
25. 73 Ways to Become a Better Writer on Copyblogger.
26. How to Grow a Blog Post on Copyblogger.
Making Your Mark in a Niche
27.How to Choose a Popular Niche for Your Blog from Copyblogger.
28. How to Get Media Coverage for Your Blog from Problogger.
29. Fashion Bloggers Claim Your Media Credentials from IFB.
30. Write and Publish a Free ebook in Thirteen Hours on Problogger.
Building Relationships & Guest Posting
31. Get readers to comment with Build a Better Blog.
32. 8 Tips for Building Community on Your Blog from Problogger.
33. Use Forums to Drive Hundreds of Thousands of Readers to Your Blog with Problogger.
34. How to Get Your Guest Post Published on a Pro Blog from Blogging Zest.
35. 10 Benefits of Writing Guest Posts from Top 10 Blog Tips.
36. 10 Reasons to Find a Blogging Buddy from Problogger.
37. How to Make Money From Your Blog by Steve Pavlina
38. How to Sell Ads on Your Blog Even with Hardly Any Traffic from Jim Kukral.
39. 8 Questions You Should Ask Before Selling Ad Space on Your Blog from Streamxy.com.
40. Create a Profitable Blog with Income Diary.
41. The Main Characteristics of a Profitable Website from Blogtrepreneur.
42. Designing and Publicising Your Blog's Advertising Policy from IFB.
43. 11 Lessons I Learned Earning $119,725.45 from Amazon Associates Program from Darren Rowse on Problogger.
Developing a Brand
44. Branding 101: How to Promote Your Blog Like the Big Guys Do from Write to Done.
45. Get your very own 'business' cards and other merchandise from VistaPrint.
46. The Real Power of Personal Branding from Chris Brogan.
47. Building an Empire Around Your Blog from Problogger.
Free Stuff and Competitions
48. Sites to Promote Your Giveaway from IFB.
49. What Do Companies Look For in a Blog from IFB.
50. So You Want a Review Sample... from IFB.
And that concludes my blogging talk! I hope you found it helpful if you're thinking of starting or have just started a blog. Questions are most welcome...